I have always wanted to make a homemade no sugar blueberry jam as it tastes way better when you make it yourself. After posting cool ideas to recycle baby food jars, now I can use my son’s empty baby food jars to store my homemade blueberry jam. You can use this recipe as spread for your toast or toppings for this best blueberry cheesecake recipe.
Here’s what you need;
1 cup blueberries
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons chia seeds
Here’s how to make it;
- Peel, remove the seed and dice the peach set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, peach.
- As the mixture begins to boil, mash the fruit with the back of a fork until it breaks down, it will take 5 – 7 minutes or few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the honey until mix well. Taste and add more honey to your liking then add chia seeds and stir to incorporate.
- Let the jam set for about 5 minutes to thicken, cool and transfer to a jar or air-tight container and refrigerate.
If you would like your jam spoonable or gelatinous texture, there are some sugar-free pectins you can buy and add to your homemade blueberry jam. You can also add more chia seeds but just be sure to wait at least 5 minutes before adding more.
This jam will keep for approximately two weeks in the fridge but if you do not plan to eat it within a couple of weeks, you will want to freeze the jam since it doesn’t have any preservatives.
Let us know when you try this recipe.